AccelerateHER in partnership with Techscaler
You’ve got the drive and determination to bring your startup idea to life, but you’re not sure what you need or where to start with the technology side of it. Whether you need bespoke software, a low-code or no-code Minimum Viable Product (MVP), or a white-label out-of-the-box solution, we’re here to help.
AccelerateHER is hosting a one-day hackathon for female and non-binary founders on Thursday 7th March, in Inverness in partnership with Techscaler. Our facilitators will match you with industry experts to explore your challenges, answer your questions, and understand your options.
Hackathons are for rapidly exploring ideas, exercising your creative problem-solving skills, getting expert technical input on a problem or opportunity, and space to meet and collaborate with new connections in the startup ecosystem.
Is this right for me?
- You are a startup founder or would-be founder, based in Scotland, who identifies as female or non-binary.
- You have identified a specific or self-contained challenge that a tech-based solution could help solve for users, and that requires some creative problem solving and technical skills to build.
- We welcome founders who are established in the tech space as well as non-technical founders.
How do I apply?
- Applications opened Monday 15th January and close Thursday 8th February.
- We put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our culture - from our spaces and events, to our education programmes and community. To participate in the event you’ll need to agree to uphold the CodeBase Code of Conduct.
What can I expect?
- Hackathons are for rapidly exploring ideas, exercising your creative problem-solving skills, getting expert technical input on a well-defined problem or opportunity, and space to meet and collaborate with new connections in the startup ecosystem.
- There will be talks, facilitated group discussions, introductions to your matched technical expert, 1:1 problem-solving sessions, opportunities to connect with and get advice from peers, and, of course, lunch!
- This hackathon is limited to a select group of founders (less than 10) to ensure that each individual challenge gets dedicated support.
- Participants and facilitators will share expertise, explore data, and use their own experiences to problem-solve. If you have data available for hack participants to use, it can be incredibly useful, but make sure you are legally able and comfortable sharing data with participants.
- This hackathon will get you a step closer to where you need to be, but you won’t come away with solutions to all of your challenges, and it will require further effort and testing to create production-ready software.
To see how we use and take care of your information, please see the AccelerateHER privacy notice and CodeBase privacy notice.
Applications open 15th January and close 8th February.